- • 9:00am to 4:00pm -- VRAC C6 Public Tours [FULL]
Location: VRAC, 1620 Howe Hall, ISU
The C6 tour openings have all been filled. Please check out the other demos, speakers and events taking place during ETC2007 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- • 9:00 to 4:00pm – Interactive Technology Demonstrations & Poster Presentations
VRAC, 1620 Howe Hall
- • 2:00 to 3:00 pm – Melinda Cerney Knight of Microsoft: Engineering the User Experience in Windows Vista
Location: 1227 Hoover Hall
- • 3:00 to 4:00pm – HCI Student Usability Relays
Location: Howe Hall Atrium
- • 4:00 to 5:00pm – A Conversation with Neal Stephenson
Location: Alliant Energy – Lee Liu Auditorium, Howe Hall, ISU
Neal Stephenson is the author of the bestselling Baroque Cycle (Quicksilver, The Confusion, and The System of the World) as well as the novels Cryptonomicon, The Diamond Age, Snow Crash, and Zodiac.
• Submit a question for Neal Stephenson.
- • 5:00 to 5:30pm – Book Signing: Neal Stephenson
Location: Howe Hall First Floor Foyer
- • 7:00pm – IgniteIT
Location: ISU Research Park Rotunda,
2321 North Loop Drive, Ames, IA
IgniteIT is a networking opportunity for Iowa's educational community, technology enthusiasts, IT professionals, students and entrepreneurs, artists, and nonprofits. The focus is IT in the broad sense: infotainment in a casual atmosphere. The goal is to get people connected to foster new and interesting opportunities.
ETC2007 is sponsored by Iowa State University's
Virtual Reality Applications Center (VRAC),
Human Computer Interaction Graduate Program (HCI),
Center for Computational Intelligence, Learning & Discovery (CCILD),
NFS International Materials Institute: Combinatorial Sciences and Materials Informatics Collaboratory (CoSMIC),
Information Assurance Center (IAC),
Information Infrastructure Institute (iCUBED),
Institute for Physical Research and Technology (IPRT),
Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development,
and Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship.
Site contents Copyright 2007 Iowa State University & Virtual Reality Applications Center (except for bio text and photos of speakers)