The application deadline for full consideration in our on-campus programs for fall semester is January 15.
The application deadline for the online masters and certificate programs for fall semester is July 15, for the spring semester is October 1, and for the summer semester is April 15.
New Applicant to the Human Computer Interaction Graduate Program
- Choose the Online Application for graduate applicants that is right for you — US or International — at http://www.admissions.iastate.edu/apply/online/index.php. Follow the instructions provided by the Office of Admissions. Upload official copies of your transcripts to the application. If you are admitted and decide to come to Iowa State, you can then contact the institution(s) you have attended and have them send your official transcripts to Graduate Admissions, Iowa State University, 100 Enrollment Services Center, Ames, IA 50011-2011.
- Please select three people with whom you have worked, either professionally or educationally, to complete letters of recommendation. By including your references’ names and email addresses on the application form, they will be sent instructions on how to submit their letters electronically. This will also allow you the ability to track if the letter was submitted.
- Submit a current resume/CV by uploading it as supplemental material to the online application.
- We prefer that you use the online application to submit a one-page statement of purpose that highlights software development proficiency, motivation and experience related to your chosen research field, as well as, your career goals.
- Submit official GRE and TOEFL (if required) scores. The university requires official results to be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service. Our School Code is 6306. TOEFL is required of international applicants, GRE is optional for all applicants.
- You can submit all application materials prior to submitting the scores; we anticipate that all scores will be arriving within 3-4 weeks of the application deadline.
Continuing Graduate Studies at Iowa State University, with the Human Computer Interaction Graduate Program
- If you are completing a graduate certificate at Iowa State University, in HCI or another program, and would like to continue for your graduate degree, please complete the Request to Pursue a Graduate Degree in Addition to a Certificate.
- If you are completing a masters degree at Iowa State University, in HCI or another program, and would like to continue for your doctoral degree, please complete the Pursuit of Master’s and Ph.D. in the Same Department form (if your home department will remain the same) or complete the request to Transfer from One Department/Program/Major to Another (when continuing for PhD with a different home department).
Links to Graduate College information
General information including application forms, tuition and fees is available on the ISU Graduate College web site: http://www.grad-college.iastate.edu.